Simian Webworks offers a friendly, efficient web design service, specialising in bespoke sites which are clear, colourful and easy to navigate.
- Bespoke websites: For as little as £250, you can have a 5 page site designed to meet your requirements.
- WordPress websites: Using WordPress as a content management system, I can design a site which you can easily update.
Design principles:The key to a well-designed website is usability. A visitor to your site should be able to find the information they need as quickly as possible. I follow the following guidelines in the design process:
- Make the design process a collaborative process - so the client gets a site that does what they want it to do.
- The design should reflect the image of the client or business. I can use existing artwork to design a site that fits in with other publicity materials. Often, my clients bring images or ideas that I then develop.
- Usability = accessibility - a site which is designed to ensure maximum access for disabled people, is also more accessible generally. I design according to World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative guidelines.
- I follow the standards laid down by the World Wide Web Consortium, and use their validation service to ensure compliant HTML and CSS. The use of 'semantic markup' helps standardise how a site displays, and ensures compatibility with current and future browsers, as well as emerging technologies, such as PDAs and mobile phones.